Saturday, October 25, 2014

Concerning SeaWorld: Well that's just 'fantastic'.

Pixabay (labeled for reuse)
I just read about SeaWorld's idea of picking up the funds. I've already written about their idea to build bigger cages for their orcas; and here comes their next idea. Get ready for it. It's coming. Halloween program. Yes. To tackle the problems they've been facing with Blackfish, they don't decide to improve conditions for the orcas, nope. They throw a party. Excuse me? Did I hear that right? Come again. 
Alright, I've written about, how SeaWorld is not the 'bad guy', I pointed out their other accomplishments and goals. But please. Please. If there is a specific issue that the public, researchers, are concerned about TACKLE it DIRECTLY. Don't throw a party to solve all your issues. And if this somehow convinces the public to forget about their previous complaints, you may find it successful, but those orcas will continue to suffer. Distraction may get the job done, but don't, for a moment, think that it's the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment