Thursday, October 23, 2014

Concerning SeaWorld: Don't forget their achievements. Not everything is black and white.

Wikipedia (labeled for reuse)
Orcas have been dominating SeaWorld News- well I guess it has on my blog too... But that's about to change! At least for this post.

When we are bashing SeaWorld for its stance on keeping captive Orcas, we need to keep in mind that this isn't all the company is about. Although, this one aspect, may be undesirable for many of us. SeaWorld does have some very important, and amazing missions. They rescue thousands, if not millions of animals a year. Just recently releasing a pregnant shark, they rescued, back to the ocean. Although, this shouldn't be used as an excuse for the controversy concerning the orcas, I think we need to keep in mind that this company is not all bad: nothing ever is.

I strongly support many of SeaWorld's missions, and just because their keeping of the orcas is something I disagree with, doesn't nullify all of their other accomplishments.

Just something to keep in mind. Sometimes, I think we get carried away with the often one-sided reporting of the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment