Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Concerning Disclaimers


Hello Captain Nemo
I just wanted to write a brief post concerning my observations. As I state in the "About" section, I have no formal training/education in the field of animal behavior, other than information I learned during a mooc. Thus, take my observations- as that -observations. I may make inferences based on those observations, but keep in mind that there are no hard facts backing them up. I may believe that Nemo is exhibiting a compulsive behavior as a result of being held in captivity, however, this may 100% incorrect.
Finally, I am not trying to lash out at any of the organizations providing these webcams. Example, when I'm making observations about Nemo, I am not criticizing Vancouver Aquarium, as far as I can tell they have enough room, and are being held in conditions that meet all protocols. However, what I am implying is that, perhaps those protocols need to be reanalyzed with new research coming in, concerning the true intelligence of cetaceans. Nonetheless, at current protocols none of these organizations are at fault, as far as I'm aware.
Again, take my observations as what they are, I would not advise the use of these observations in any formal publications/projects- although, you may, if you so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment