Saturday, October 18, 2014

Concerning Belugas: Circuit Swimming- Affirmative-isch (9:40 AM Vancouver Time) 2nd time

Beluga Webcam, courtesy of Vancouver Aquarium

So. I'm still observing Nemo, trying to find a connection between time and his circuit swimming. This is the second time I've been able to observe Nemo at 9:40. The reason why I wrote "affirmative-isch", which I don't believe is anywhere close to being a word, is because of Nemo's pace. Usually, the circuit swimming is very confident. I'm not saying that it is especially fast, it's just a very continuous and smooth cycle, however, this time it was almost like he was unsure. He was swimming considerably slower than usual. It was almost like he was groggy. Can belugas be sleepy? Anyway, I'm still counting this as a circuit swim, as it is, after all a circuit swim. See the image below. Again, if you want a description of the circuit check out my earlier blog posts, especially since Wake is also in these images, so don't get them mixed up. I haven't seen any circuit swimming behavior in Wake, who seems rather content to do whatever he feels like.










No comments:

Post a Comment