Thursday, October 16, 2014

Concerning Belugas: Vancouver Aquarium Email Response (Meet the Belugas Again- I promise this is the last time)

Beluga Webcam, courtesy of Vancouver Aquarium




















I sent an email a few months ago, making some inquiries about the Nemo and Wake. Foremost I asked, about the issue of using the screenshots; they've informed me I am allowed to use them- so that's good :)

She's confirmed that there are currently only two belugas, as my reviewer informed me earlier, one of them is called Aurora (born 1987) and Qila is her daughter, who was born at Vancouver Aquarium on July 23, 1995. Aurora is originally from Churchill, Manitoba.

So now we know, once and for all. Although, I'm still not certain which one is which....

Aurora: 27 years old (born in the wild)
Qila: 19 years old (born in captivity)

No comments:

Post a Comment