Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Poldark: A ramble

Pixabay labeled for reuse
I've got to say BBC has been on a roll. At the time I wasn't paying attention to exactly which broadcasters I was watching, but in hindsight (great series btw) many of my favorite shows have come from the likes of BBC.

First and foremost: Sherlock. But even before then I was an avid follower of Merlin and Robin Hood. 

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic. The destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy (man). Merlin."

Disclaimer: the above is what I remember it being from memory, so if it's wrong, well, look it up. 

Anyway, I was watching something else on BBC (I can't remember what), and I saw the ad for Poldark. If I'm being honest, it mainly grabbed my attention because there was a horse in it... Also I quite like period dramas (I think that's what you call them..). I mean I certainly prefer series such as Merlin and Robin Hood, which are at least partially based off history. Nonetheless, Poldark has thus far been captivating enough to keep me watching.

I keep on visualizing Kili though... Who incidentally was the most memorable dwarf in the book (along with Fili, oh and excluding Thorin...). In the movies though, although memorable I did not like his story arc, as it deviated so thoroughly from the books. My I digress, this topic is for a different post. 

Poldark is not at all similar to any series I am currently following, so let's see how it turns out. I have faith in you BBC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment