Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Concerning Sharks: My Condolences

Another shark attack... This one claimed the life of an 18 year old boy on a fishing trip. He was reportedly bitten on the upper thigh, and subsequently succumbed to blood loss soon after. I don't wish to seem callous, with my reports, my heart goes out to all those who are lost and who've lost at the jaws of sharks. However, it must still be kept in mind, that these animals are not man-eating machines. The don't set out maliciously to attack humans. When compared to other death-traps sharks are relatively unlikely to harm you, you are more likely to die at the hand of a vending machine.

Nonetheless, shark attacks do seem to be happening more frequently. Although, I could be mistaken, unfortunately I don't have access to any exact values. If the media is anything to go on, they seem to be reporting ever more on shark attacks, which begs the question, why? What is the cause for these increased attacks? I doubt they've suddenly developed a grudge; could it be a lack of food? Although, this issue is, most sharks don't eat their human victims, so this is somewhat unlikely. If sharks are indeed, attacking more, I pray we find the reason as soon as possible.

Wikipedia "labeled for reuse"

No comments:

Post a Comment