Thursday, December 25, 2014

Teas I'm Currently Enjoying

Wikipedia "labeled for reuse"
As should be rather obvious, by my blog title, I am a tee drinker. And quite an obsessive one at that. I started off drinking camomile, to make me drowsy before bed, however, I've reached my roots out into a number of different teas. Since my blog has "tea" in the title, I believe it only fitting, to have a regular column about tea. This particular one, will simply go over the teas that I am currently drinking (as I said, I drink a lot of tea).
I tend to have a cup in my general vicinity whilst, reading, writing, or watching TV, which happen to be the three activities that I am usually executing. Without further ado these are the five teas, currently in my cupboard.

Yin Hao Green Tea
Wikimedia commons "labeled for reuse"
I've had this tea for a number of months now, and at first I drunk it quite regularly. The issue is, it is loose leaves. Now, I don't take issue with loose leaves, just the majority of the time I find it simpler to place a tea bag in some hot water: as opposed to measuring out the correct amount, placing it in a tea bag or strainer, and then having to throw the mess away. I'm someone who will leave the teabag in, until I'm done drinking, however, if I have a strainer in my cup, this proves to be an impossibility.
Loose tea leaves aside, this is a decent enough green tea, however, it's lacking the subtle flavour of higher quality green teas. It leaves a somewhat unpleasant aftertaste, that I wouldn't associate with tea. Thus, I will probably finish off this can, and never buy it again. What can I say, I'm a green tea snob.
Lipton's herbal infusion Camomile (pyramid bags)
Pixabay "labeled for reuse"
I've been drinking camomile for years, so simply smelling it brings back many fond memories. What I like about this type of tea, is the near impossibility to have a bad batch. All the camomile that I've tried, all have a very similar flavour. The only one that showed a more noticeable difference, was the completely fresh and loose flowers, that I got from a gourmet market. All this in mind, Lipton's camomile is perfectly acceptable, and I have the right mind to purchase it again.

Lipton's herbal infusion Mint (pyramid bags)
Wikimedia "labeled for reuse"
I've never been overtly fond of mint tea, so I wasn't expecting all too much from it. I've taken to drinking it as a replacement for green tea, come night-time (green tea has a tendency to produce sleepless nights). Since I've started drinking it again, I've actually grown rather fond of it, the slightly numbing sensation it lends, is something very unique to mint teas. Mint tea will remain on my tea roster.

Lipton's tea Forest Fruit (pyramid bags)
Pixabay "labeled for reuse

Before, I become a tea snob, if I ever drank tea, it was fruit tea. Since then, I've been informed, that fruit tea, is not actually tea. Proper tea only comes from one plant, which fruits do not. Ergo fruit tea is not tea. Nonetheless, I recently watched and read The Hobbit, and let's just say the lifestyle of the Woodland Elves has rather captivated me. Thus, I saw some tea labeled "Forest Fruit", and decided I must have some. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it, and strangely enough it did remind me of the scents of a forest. Although, it isn't a favourite of mine, I can imagine having a cup or two on occasion.

Lipton's White Tea with refined floral notes (pyramid bags)
Commons Wikimedia "labeled for reuse"

Finally, I've found White Tea. White tea has been somewhat elusive as of recent, in other words, I couldn't find it. I haven't had it for such a while, that I had quite forgotten its taste. Needless to say, I enjoy it. I'd probably rank it second only to my staple Green Tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment