Saturday, December 27, 2014

Deck the Halls: a Christmas review

Deck the halls with boughs of holly 

Enough of that. I assume you're all familiar with the tune: which gets quite irritating after a few run-throughs. Anywho, I've been watching the movie Deck the Halls for at least three, probably four years. Obviously, at Christmas time.

Who moves in the middle of the night, a meth lab?    -Steve Finch

Now, I feel that Christmas movies deserve a whole other genre. It isn't really possible to compare it to a fantasy epic, or a thriller, or a horror film (incidentally, I detest this genre). Thus, I won't do so. This is bound to be one of my favourite Christmas movies, as there's nothing else quite like it, Buddy Hall's interactions with his neighbour have you laughing and fuming at the same time. Whilst you watch, you can't help being in a Christmasy mood.

If you're looking for a good Christmas movie, may I suggest Deck the Halls.

Wikimedia commons "labeled for reuse"

No comments:

Post a Comment