Friday, June 19, 2015

Oatmeal (porridge) recipe

X
Own picture
Porridge. Or as I call it oatmeal. Traditionally a breakfast, this dish, if you can call it that, is perfect to keep your strength up till the next meal. I almost said day... It will not keep you filled till the next day. Please don't eat only a bowl of oatmeal for an entire day worth of food. It's a wondrous thing, but it is not magical. As far a I'm aware. 

Start off with a rather small pot. Not doll sized, but not huge. Unless of course you're making a bigger portion. 

Put it on the stove. If you're stove takes a long time to heat up turn it up. If not then don't. Now measure out 1/3 cup of oats. Do this first, because if the measuring cup is wet then the oats won't come out of the cup cleanly. 

Righty O, now put in 2/3 cups of water. Followed by 1/3 cup of milk, I use skim milk. Although I might play around with this in the future. 

Put the heat up to high. Stir regularily, otherwise it will stick to the bottom. At some point, it doesn't really matter when, place a good amount of cinnamon (ground) into the mixture. Then add a a spoonful of sugar. Haha, just a spoonful of sugar makes then medicine go down. 

Anyway. Keep on stirring the mixture until it is a rather thick consistency. Then pour this into a small bowl. Drizzle a little maple syrup (or some other kind of sweetener) over the top, and there you have it. 

This time I added some dried berries and green melon to the top. You can experiment with this if you would like. I probably will. You'll probably see it appear on this blog. 

Well that's me for now. 


Drinking: green tea and jasmine blend. My oh my is this a good tea. It's become my staple daily tea. Pretty good for any occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment