Monday, January 5, 2015

Movies I Need (want) to Watch

Movies!!! Although, nothing compared to books, they offer a welcome relief. Sometimes, I can't bear to read another page after another day of nothing but reading. Sometimes, it is nice to just sit back, and allow my brain a little more of a rest. Anyway, as I've been largely preoccupied with watching TV series, I've neglected my movie watching (except for LOTR and the Hobbit). So, as a reminder (for myself), and as a consideration for y'all, I've compiled this list of movies that I would like to see. I've tried to add the trailer to all of them. I hope it works...
P.S: The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies, isn't on here, because I've seen that weeks ago :)

Jurassic World
It took me longer than most, to get on the Jurassic Park bandwagon. It was only after I became aware of Michael Crichton, as one of my favorite authors, that I began watching the movies. They are good, but compared to the book they are alright. However, based on movies alone they hold up pretty well, so be assured this one will be watched by me. 

The Theory of Everything
The Theory of Everything, directed by James Marsch, and starring a really familiar looking actor. After a little research I realized he was Marius from Le Mis: It drove me crazy until I figured it out. Anywho, I want to see this movie because Stephen Hawking, is arguably, the most brilliant man alive. Who wouldn't want to see a movie about his life? 

Interstellar
I'm not going to lie. The main reason why I want to see this movie, is because I think Christopher Nolan is a genius. So I make it my mission to watch any of his new films: thus far, he hasn't disappointed, so it's on my list. 


Jupiter Ascending
I like science fiction. Need I say more? 

In the Heart of the Sea
Moby Dick! The White Whale. Whales. I like whales. They be cute. I've also been planning on reading the book for quite some time. So I'll have to read that beforehand. If at all possible, I try to read the book prior to watching any movie. Unless of course, I realize only later that a book exists. No excuse here, I guess...


Woman in Gold
This movie, simply looks intriguing. Not in the same way as some of Nolan's films, but still intriguing. It's not really a movie that follows my usual genre, however, it isn't horror or pointless action flick, so I'm willing to try it. 


Tomorrow I'll probably post another one of these. Don't want to overwhelm you guys :)


Featured image: It seemed tedious to find one... So my blog will just automatically convert one of the video covers to a image... 

No comments:

Post a Comment